The baby is usually connected to the mother in the womb through the umbilical cord. According to Healthline, it is a tube that transports sustenance from the mother to the infant before birth. The umbilical chord is cut from the newborn shortly after birth. In most cases, the abdominal wound closes on its own, transforming into a navel. Several postnatal conditions might cause an excessively big navel in some infants.
When your baby’s muscles are relaxed, it’s possible that you won’t be able to notice it. A baby’s laughter, coughing, or crying all make this abundantly clear. This article will discuss five causes of larger navels.
1. When you cough excessively or have too much fluid in your abdomen, your navel can get wider.
2. Adults, especially overweight ones, may have a larger navel if their food or lifestyle causes their body to place extra strain on the weak segment of the abdominal muscles. It’s not just women who this can annoy; guys can experience it too.
3. It is also common among women who have undergone abdominal surgery or who have given birth multiple times, particularly to multiples such as twins or triplets.
4. Premature newborns or babies who do not weigh their healthy body weight at birth are more likely to have larger navels. In Africa, this is incredibly typical.
5. There are times when the abdominal wall layers do not completely shut in infants. It’s normal for some belly tissue to expand and push through the incision at the navel. This is due to the fact that the navel is not yet fully healed and hence remains weak.
In addition to not being uncomfortable, this health issue has no effect on digestion. An enlarged navel at birth usually does not cause discomfort.
However, if yours appears after you’ve reached adulthood, you can feel uneasy. Surgical intervention is sometimes necessary for this as well.
Metro2 weeks ago
How Teenage Housewife Throws Stepson Inside Well In Katsina
Business1 week ago
New Naira: Nigerian Old Currency Notes Expire Jan 31, No Extended Deadline – Emefiele Warns
Health & Lifestyle6 days ago
If You Don’t Want To See Cockroaches In Your Home, Do These Simple Things
Entertainment & Celebrities5 days ago
Photos: Meet The Man Who Is Shaped Like A Woman.
Entertainment & Celebrities2 days ago
Netizens react to the moment Davido covers his drink with handkerchief while exchanging pleasantries
Entertainment & Celebrities2 hours ago
I died for 40 minutes – This is what I saw as doctors tried to bring me back
Politics2 weeks ago
Lagos Govt To Arraign Medical Director, Femi Olaleye, For Allegedly Defiling 16-year-old Girl
In The News1 week ago
SAD: Cuban Songwriter & Guitarist Pablo Milanes Passed Away At 79